Facebook Support Group Terms & Conditions
Welcome to AMF – Actively Moving Forward (A HealGrief program) Grief Support Facebook Page. This page is administered by HealGrief staff, volunteers and board members (aka Agents) for the purpose of providing a forum for those age 18 to 25 who grieving the death of a someone close to connect with and support one another along their grief journey. It is also open to Alumni of AMF college-programs over age 25.
Referrals for grief support groups, individual, couples or family counseling can be made by contacting HealGrief or by sending us a private Facebook message.
This group is set up as a Facebook “Closed” group, which means others can see you are a member of this group on your page (depending on your privacy settings), but ONLY members of the group can post, see or comment on what members post, and no one can join without permission from us. Posts cannot be shared outside the group unless the text is copied and pasted by a group member on their own timeline (which we ask you do not do without permission from the author).
CONTENT LICENSE AND RESTRICTION
1. Group Membership. Group membership is granted by the administrators of the group who are appointed by HealGrief to run the AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program. Membership may be terminated by the same staff or administrators at any time based on failure of a Group Member to comply with these Terms and Conditions or at the discretion of The HealGrief.org administrators. Group membership is completely voluntary and can be terminated by the group member at any time.
2. Account. In order to become a Group Member, you must have or create an account (“Account”) by registering with Facebook. During the registration process with Facebook, you will also be asked to choose a username and a password for your Account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Facebook password. You agree not to use the Account, username, or password of another Group Member at any time and to notify the AMF – Actively Moving Forward Agents or HealGrief Agents immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all Content that is posted by or through your Account on the page, including any e-mail, and for your interactions with any other Group Member.
3. License to Content. The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program of HealGrief hereby grants you, subject to these Terms, a non-exclusive, limited and revocable license to view and use this page. You may download content only for your personal, informational, or non-commercial purposes. No alteration, modification or further reproduction is permitted. No other use or reproduction of the content is authorized. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy of the content you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original. You may not otherwise use, download, upload, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, post, transmit, modify, adapt, or distribute any content in whole or in part without our express written authorization.
4. Ownership and Copyright. Content on this page may be protected by copyright and other laws. Except as specified above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right under any patent, trademark or copyright of AMF – Actively Moving Forward, HealGrief or any third party. The trademarks, logos, trade dress and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of the HealGrief or other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of the party that owns the Mark. You hereby grant to HealGrief a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to use reproduce, distribute, publicly display, reformat and/or translate all content that you upload to the page.
CONTENT AND USAGE DISCLAIMERS
5. General. The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief makes no representation, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, availability or completeness of the information provided on this page. Except where expressly provided otherwise, this page and all content, products and services provided on the page are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent legally permitted under applicable law, The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief makes no warranty that: (a) the page will meet your individual objectives or needs; (b) the page will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis; (c) the information that may be obtained from the use of the page or any content offered through the page will be accurate or reliable; or (d) the quality of any content, products, services, or other material obtained by you through the page will meet your expectations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
6. Assumption of Risk. Although the AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief reserves the right to delete user posts due to content, The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief assumes no responsibility for posts submitted by Group Members. It is expected that users may post items that could be offensive, distressing, or inflammatory to other users, and you assume the risk of reviewing such content.
7. Availability of Page and Content. The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief reserves the right to change or discontinue the content on the page at any time, without notice, and with no liability to you.
8. Medical Advice. Specific medical advice can only be provided by a qualified healthcare provider. The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief are not healthcare providers. If you have specific questions concerning your health or medical status, please consult your personal health care provider. We do not and cannot review all content posted or uploaded to this page, and we are not responsible for such content. MESSAGES, ADVICE, OPINIONS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY POSTS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR INSTRUCTION. Additionally, emergency support is not available through this site. If you are experiencing an emergency or life threatening situation, feeling suicidal or homicidal, or are aware of child abuse, elder abuse, or dependent adult abuse, immediately call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
9. Advertising, Linking and Framing. This page may provide links or references to, or advertisements for, sites operated by other parties (“Third-Party Sites”), but The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief has no responsibility for the availability or content of such Third-Party Sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other Third-Party Sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this page, and the inclusion of the links does not imply an endorsement. You agree that The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief are not responsible for the content or performance of these Third-Party Sites, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements. You further agree that The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any such third party, and that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content.
10. Limitation of Liability. To the extent legally permitted under applicable law, The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this page, or from your reliance on any content provided on this page, and in no event shall The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief or its agents be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use, incurred by you whether in an action in contract or tort, arising from your access to, or use of, the page, whether or not The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief have been advised of the possibility.
11. Release. You hereby release The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief, its officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from: (i) any interactions with other Group Members, (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate content (including, without limitation, any information in Accounts) posted on this page, whether caused by Group Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this page, or (iii) the conduct of any Group Member.
12. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the page in violation of these Terms and/or arising from your breach of any of these Terms.
CONTENT MONITORING AND RESTRICTION
13. Monitoring. In order to cooperate with legitimate governmental requests, subpoenas or court orders, or to protect our Group Members, or to ensure the integrity of our operations, The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief may monitor, access, limit, and disclose any information and content it considers necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, account information (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.), IP addressing and traffic information, usage history, and posted content.
14. Non-Commercial Use. This page is for the personal use of Group Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically approved in writing by The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief and its agents. You will not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any Group Member to buy or sell any products or services through this page. In order to protect our Group Members from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of communications that a Group Member can send to other Group Members and the sharing of any content in any twenty-four (24) hour period to a number and amount that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from your posts without notice and may result in suspension or termination of your account and the licenses granted hereunder.
15. Content Restriction: The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief.org representatives reserve the right to delete user posts or content for reasons including, but not limited to:
a. the inclusion of confidential/proprietary information;
b. any conflict with any policy of The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief.org;
c. the inclusion of protective private health information;
d. language determined by The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief.org to be unprofessional or inflammatory (i.e., libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, etc.);
e. content that adversely affects The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief’s mission;
f. misinformation about grief or The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief;
g. language that discourages participation in The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief;
h. language that adversely affects volunteer involvement; i. language that overall is offensive to supporters; or
j. any other language that, at the discretion of the agents appointed by The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief, is deemed to be inappropriate for The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program Grief Support Facebook Page.
Anyone who continues to disregard these guidelines will be blocked from the site.
16. Personal Health Information: No one may use or disclose any member/patient identifying information (except their own) of any kind on any social media without the express written permission of the member/patient. Even if an individual is not identified by name within the information you wish to use or disclose, if there is a reasonable basis to believe that the person could still be identified from that information, then its use or disclosure could constitute a violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Content that includes personal health information that is not your own cannot be posted to this site. To protect the privacy of members, this Facebook page is an online communication forum for The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program members and/or HealGrief community members age 18 to 25 (or those over than 25 who are alumni of AMF programs) who have experienced the death of someone close.
17. Representations Concerning the AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief Group Members may not represent in their posts that they are communicating the view of The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief.org, nor may they make any statements that might reasonably create the impression that they are communicating on behalf of or as a representative of The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program or HealGrief.
20. Consequence of Breach. Any use of this page in violation of these Terms may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use this page and the licenses granted hereunder.
21. Governing Law and Forum. All matters relating to your access to, and use of, this Facebook page and these Terms shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of California. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of, this page shall be instituted in a state court located in Los Angeles County, California, and a federal court located in California and no other venue. You and The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding.
22. Severability. In the event that any term or condition of these Terms is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
23. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and The AMF – Actively Moving Forward Program and HealGrief regarding the use of this Facebook page and its contents. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
Thank you for visiting and supporting our page. If you have comments or suggestions, please send a message to email@example.com.