HealGrief.org is a 501(c)3 web-based organization, serving bereaved individuals with a virtual platform designed to aid and transition one’s grief into a healthy grief recovery.
HealGrief.org has been successful because of its commitment to create a complete virtual location and is the only website offering the breadth, scope and functionality within one virtual environment.
- Redefines the traditional obituary with free-of-charge funeral notices.
- Offers guidelines on how to write an obituary.
- Provides a step-by-step template with easy prompts and tools to create and personalize an obituary.
- Allows users to notify family and friends from around the world of a loved one’s death.
- Allows users to express condolences or share thoughts and memories from within the funeral notice.
- Allows users to light virtual candles.
- Allows users to upload and share treasured photos.
- Provides both local and national grief resources.
- Educates about grief and its journey.
- Offers guidance on how to support the bereaved.
- Brings conversation and attention to an inevitable life cycle, death.
- Provides both traditional and non-traditional ideas on how to memorialize a loved one.
- Offers information about the role of funeral homes.
- Provides an understanding to funeral practices for various cultures and religious groups.
HealGrief is dedicated to supporting bereaved individuals by offering a virtual location, where family and friends from around the world can communicate a death, connect, and mourn. As one begins their journey with grief, HealGrief.org provides the platform to ultimately transition a loved one’s death into a celebration a loved one’s life.
HealGrief.org creates a universal understanding of grief and believes grief is a journey. HealGrief.org also believes, with proper guidance, information and resources, there is such a thing as a healthy grief recovery. By increasing global awareness and education, HealGrief.org removes the misguided notion that grief is something to get over and emphasis that grief is a personal journey that lasts a lifetime.
We do so with ethics and integrity, compassion and understanding, and education and awareness. It is here that one can start their journey with grief.
All of the functionality, information and resources HealGrief.org provides are completely free-of-charge and unlike others, HealGrief.org will not require a fee to sustain a memorial. Year after year, users are coming back, expressing their thoughts and lighting virtual candles in memory of their loved one.
Write an obituary, create a funeral notice or memorialize someone you’ve loved. When you celebrate of a loved one’s life, you ultimately transition grief into a healthy grief recovery.